Outlook

The great open skies
opened up each morning
whether to sunshine
or to teeming rain

The wind whispered
or roared
The boats came in
and went out

Dusk is now settling
over the low hills beyond
and the lights flicker on
in their familiar places

As cars whizz by
their lights sweep the wall
if and when
they turn the corner

I can see now
more clearly each day
with the black presence
which way you'll be heading

I often think back
to those sunsplashed days out
or sometimes as the rain came down
showing each other a special place

The bond remains strong
however informal
but I can see plainly
what way it will go

Maybe one more season
of welcoming them all
from all corners of this earth
I really hope it can be so

If I can be there
for that one season
I'd be privileged
If it could be

No comments:

Post a Comment