New Year's Eve 2019

The last day of the year has arrived. The last day of the decade in fact. It's been a decade to remember, and in other respects not worth remembering. None of us are the way we were in 2010. Many people have gone on ahead over the past decade, and I profoundly miss quite a few of them. Others have just plain left my life, as they had to get on with theirs. When we step across the boundary at the next midnight, we'll enter the 2020s. I'm apprehensive about the new year, even more so about the decade ahead. However, there is nothing for it but to step up to meet and face the challenge, and make the best of it. In the process, the time has also come to leave behind what has to be left behind, if it no longer serves a constructive purpose in life. If still around, none of us will be the way we are now come 2030.

I hope 2020 will be a good year for all.
I hope all will be kept safe, healthy and happy.
I hope everybody's wishes will come true,
I hope that burdens will be taken away from those who suffer with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment