Remembering Sophia

I couldn't see you
Yet you were there
Darkness had fallen
but we needed no light

The late night radio
tinkled out
the closing strains
of Sailing By

I could not see you
But we were close
The wind blew
The rain lashed

Oblivious but
to each other
I would not
could not leave

Knowing that
by leaving,
I'd leave you
for good

I was lost
in the darkness
but your voice
guided me

The Window on the West
I would not see again
neither she
who knows all

I would meet you once more
in the House of Music
once more embracing
almost not letting go

Knowing that
by leaving,
I'd leave you
for good

That night in November
you swam away
she who knows all
knew what she had lost

Looking out each night
waiting for your steps
to come striding
up the path

As one day you will
return to collect your companion
from her new forever home
to cross the Rainbow Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment