Barbara - 7

Tha mi brònach
tha mi toilichte
Nach eil e neònach
Nach eil e èibhinn

Four lines in Gaelic
Barbara's first language
The one that her own mum
spoke to her as a baby

I am sad
I am happy
Isn't it strange
Isn't it funny

I am sad
Because she has gone
I am happy
Because she has gone

I am missing her
which is why I'm sad
I am pleased her suffering is over
which is why I'm happy

That may sound strange
isn't it strange
But it is just as funny
As funny as she could be

I wouldn't want her to come back
I have to go on
And leave her as a constant
in my life, from the past

I am just chasing memories
of what I have lost
It will never return
whatever I do

I love you to bits
I love you forever
Wherever I go
You'll always be with me

Tha gaol agam ort gu piosan
Tha gaol agam ort gu bràth
Ge bith càite an tèid mi
Bidh thu an-còmhnaidh còmhla rium

No comments:

Post a Comment