Sophia (11)

The last line of my last message to Sophia - which she never read.

*Anyway, hope all is well with cats, and catch you wherever.*

Wherever you are now, Sophia, I know you're free, unbound from old pain, dancing, singing and laughing. You were loved, ARE loved, and missed by so many people who will always love you.

Torran is loved and taken care of, but is still waiting for your return. As she always will be, until she crosses the Rainbow Bridge - where she will meet you again. That's also where Faili, and all your other cats of yesteryear will be reunited with you.

Some of your friends will be around in Berneray tomorrow, where, I gather, you were happy. I am glad you left us feeling happy. I hope so at any rate.

A little of you will be left on the machair in Berneray.
A little of you will be left in Australia, where you came into this world.

Swim strong, mermaid
Sing to the moon, to the waves, to the stars
Laugh forever, to wipe away our tears
You were one of kind, one I'll never meet again

No comments:

Post a Comment