Sophia (15)

Time marches on
it's now six weeks
since you left us
in the quiet of the night

We didn't know
you had gone
we saw you out and about
just hours before

But no reply ever more came
after you fell asleep
by the machair
above the sea

I remember your serene smile
of deep friendship
of happy evenings
in fading light

I remember your voice
which can be recalled
in recordings
from yesteryear

The sea was ever your companion
from the very day you were born
until the day you were gone
it was never far away

I know you're yet nearby
not in form, but in spirit
gently touching me
when darkness closes in

Your feline friend
looks out for you
to come striding up the path
to take her across the Rainbow Bridge

Time marches on
and so must I
where you will remain
forever in my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment